Monday, November 17, 2008

Updates

I had my ultrasound last Thursday and we're definitely having a boy...unless it falls off (that's what the doctor said) We're pretty excited. We're going to name him Gilead Larsen Petty, Gil for short. Yes, we know that it's different, we like it that way. We've had some opposition to this name but since it's our kid we get to name him. That's right, if you don't like it go have your own kids.

Anyway, the doctor said that he is very healthy and looks excellent. The bad news is that I have partial placenta previa and will probably have to have a c-section. That was definitely not in my birthing plan. I have to go in for another ultrasound in a month or so to see if the placenta has moved or if that is where it implanted. If it hasn't moved we're going to plan on a c-section. I'll update when we know more.


In other news...I've decided that I want to make a jean quilt. If anyone has any old jeans they'd like to donate to my project let me know. I'm hoping to start it in January. Also, we are going to be selling Will's car. It's a honda civic. It's in pretty good shape and just got a new engine put in it last year. If anyone is interested in it or knows anyone who would be let me know. We're also selling an ellipitical as well. We need the room for the baby so it's got to go.

5 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

let me know how you end up doing the quilt- I want to make a tshirt one

a farmers wife and her real life said...

YAY! Congratulations! And I love your comment on "if you don't like it, have your own baby." When I was pregnant, there were a couple girls that decided they wanted to name Briana. I told them when they go through 9 months of pregnancy they can name their own babies, but since I was the one doing it, I got to name her. Congrats again!

Brittany Petty said...

Em, I missed the part about the placenta previa. That's no good! But I just had a friend who had a C Section and she healed up really well, no complications - and better yet, no labor pain. Even so, I hope you don't have to have a cesarean.

Melinda said...

Congrats Will and Emily! I like the name you picked. People laughed at our baby's name too, but they're dumb. So don't worry about it and do whatever the heck you want. I'm excited for you guys! Boys are the best. I'm sorry about the placenta previa. The positive side is that I guess you'll get to schedule when you'll be having the baby! I'm sure everything will work out. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Emily - I love how funny you are. I am just glad that we have not had to worry about argueing about who gets a name for all of these new babies. There are going to be so many little "petty's" running around!

Melissa