Sunday, April 5, 2009

He's here!

Gil joined us on April 3rd at 9:16 pm after 26 hours of labor and a c-section. He's a cute little guy! Unfortunately he's in the NICU right now. His oxygen levels were low and now they think he could have an infection from being in me so long after my membranes ruptured. Poor thing. I'll be in the hospital until tomorrow night probably, we're not sure when Gil can come home yet. Doctor says he can probably go home with us if he keeps doing well. Cross your fingers!

8 comments:

The Cragun's said...

He's darling, hopefully he will be able to come home with you

Lacey said...

Congratulations! Sounds like quite an ordeal getting him out, but what an ADORABLE BABY he is! I think he looks like you in that picture, Em. I hope he (and you) continue doing well and that you'll get to go home together. Congrats again!

Rachel said...

congrats, congrats, congrats! I am excited to see more pics along with more of a story (if you want). He is darling, what is his full name and the stats of the baby boy? Hope you are doing well too!

Jennifer said...

oh that does not sound like the most fun you have ever had, but he is so cute and can't wait to see him.

Melinda said...

Hooray Congrats! Gil and Emerson have the same birthday! It's an awesome day to have a birthday, let me tell you. I hope everything goes well for all of you.

Dusty and Megan said...

Congratulations Mama! He is so handsome. He has the cutest little face and look at those tiny fingers. I hope everything goes well.

ChaChaCha said...

precious! congrats :)

Jeff and Alisa said...

Oh my goodness he's so precious and I can't even get over it! AH! I just want to pinch his cute little cheeks! Hopefully he gets to come home with you soon. I'll keep him in my prayers. CONGRATS!